Monday, July 25, 2005

I've married a bowling god

Someone, possibly Mattie, once remarked that Jeff's good at everything. He's just a natural at sports, with an inherent ability to be really good with practice. Lord knows I don't have that. With his genes, there's hope for our future kids.

But even I wasn't prepared for the bowling strike streak that Jeff pulled out on Saturday night. We'd reserved a couple lanes to bowl with Jeff's crew, and I'm proud to say that I started the games off with the night's first strike. And Jeff picked up the momentum and just kept it going. I know he didn't break 200, but it was mighty close.





Strangely, Shawn and I both favored the pink ball that night. Unfortunately, I just didn't have a consistent game even with my strong start. I think maybe my approach might have something to do with it. In the end though, I would have to say the best part of bowling for me that night was that somehow my shoes matched my outfit.